Information We May Collect
We collect information related to you or your use of our products, this site, and our services in different ways : (1) information from or about you or your devices (directly or passively); and (2) information from or about you from third parties (for example, if you use a social media feature within our websites or apps or post to a social media platform, the social media site will give us some information about you). Depending on the Locvl Events products and services you request, participate in, or use, not all of these types of information may be applicable to you.
From or about you or your devices directly
We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail, or other government identification information) or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through our Digital Services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, e-mail messages, or other digital services (the “Digital Services”), e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, enter a contest or promotion, or register any product with us.
- From other sources: We also may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms.
- Locvl Account: Customers who purchase certain Locvl Events products will have the option to receive a Locvl Event Account, which is hosted on our website. We may collect and process the following types of data for your Locvl Account that you elect to provide to us: your customer registration information; the status of your orders; and general information about your Locvl Events products, purchase history, and similar information. You can access your Locvl Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time after opening.
- Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, sign up for a contest (ours or affiliates), place an order over the phone, in person, or contact our customer service or sales department.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Digital Services you are using. If applicable, we would use this information to ensure that the Digital Services function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Digital Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Digital Services (including e-mail recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Digital Services and response rates.
- You can learn about Google’s practices in connection with this information collection and how to opt out of it by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use information to improve our products and services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. This could include displaying content based upon your preferences.
We may use your information to make our website and products better. We use your information to process your order and provide you with customer support. This includes sending you emails about your account or a ticket purchase. We might also contact you about this policy or our website terms. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
We use information for security purposes. We use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites. This includes to detect or prevent unlawful behavior.
We keep your information as long as it is necessary or relevant for our business. We also keep information to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and otherwise required by law.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, to provide and improve our products and services, and for the purposes listed below:
To communicate with you
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, including:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or product information, information alerts, information about events, or brochures.
- To obtain feedback regarding your overall experience at a Locvl Event or with our products or services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding our products and services which you have purchased, as well as any changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To present products, information, and offers tailored to you and to enhance our lists with information from other sources.
- To allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
- To facilitate social sharing and communications functionality.
- With third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions, if you elect to participate.
With other third parties when required by law
Locvl Events may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our products and services, Locvl Events, third parties, visitors, or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
For other purposes
We also may use information we collect for other purposes, including:
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Except as described above and below, Locvl Events may use or share information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, such as for operational or research purposes, for industry analysis, to improve or modify our products and services, to better tailor our products and services to your needs, and where legally required.
Rights and Choices
As detailed in the sections above, we give you many choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of information from or about you or your use of our products or services. These include:
- Configuring your browser to decline or accept cookies.
- Opting out of analytics tools.
- Opting out of certain electronic communications or promotional calls.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, or wireless service provider, including any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our software applications or social media pages.
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that these individuals not provide any information to Locvl Events.
Updates to this Policy
How to Contact Us
To contact us with a question or comment, to opt out from certain services, or to ask about your ability to exercise your privacy rights described above, please contact us:
- via e‐mail at email@example.com
Please note that e-mail communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your e-mails to us.
Last Updated August 2019